The picture above is from Adventure Cycling Associations #TGIF quote, which you may recognize. I did. Thanks Adventure Cycling! I’ve used your maps many times. This quote was quote popular with over 500 likes and 50 shares on the original post and many more after that. More about this quote here: Scott is Mr. February. […]Read More...
- Falling Uphill Anniversary Edition should arrive late November. We're taking preorders now.
- It's confirmed, the new Make-A-Book Project at Parker Woods Montessori will be about monarch butterflies and the greatest migration on Earth. Stay tuned for updates.
- Whew! It took months, but we finally moved almost 1000 pages into a database. Our website is 17 years old, and everything was hand-coded page by page!
- We still have a lot of work to do as we try to unify our brand. It seems a lot of our peers our are giving up websites and moving to social media platforms.
- Falling Uphill 15th Anniversary Edition
- My Bollywood Movie Debut
- If I were President for a day
- How to become a Mars Astronaut
- Scott Stoll Wants To Go To Mars And Never Come Back! Cincinnati Magazine.
- My talk at the Cincinnati TEDx Happy Hour auditions was a big success based on the audience feedback. I hope to make it to the main stage in July.
- The good news is that I won't have to eat worms and algae for the rest of my life; the bad news is Mars One Failure to Launch.
- Scott Stoll is Mr. February.
- My favorite book is now online FREE! Falling Uphill: The Secret of Life.
- A new big adventure -- bicycling a river.
- And my new book and school project!
Jason and the Argonauts
The Archetypal Adventure
The word argonaut is synonymous with adventurer. I recommend you read about the original Greek myth of Jason and the Argonauts (or the illustrated kid's version) including the history, culture and the actual story. I've been collecting this info for years; and I find it fascinating how this myth has embedded itself in our culture. Or read about: What is an argonaut?
Welcome to The Argonauts featuring:
Scott Stoll's Bicycle Ride Around the World
Scott asked himself, "If I could do anything, what would I do?" His answer was to ride a bicycle around the world and search for happiness and the meaning of life. This was one of the first circumnavigations around the planet on a bicycle using only paper maps. Discover what happened during the 4-year journey. Read all the trek around the world on a bicycle.
One man's quest for happiness around the world on a bicycle.
In one week, Scott Stoll lost his job, his best friend, his girlfriend and his confidence. Disillusioned with society, full of angst, a lost and wandering soul with nothing left to lose, Stoll asked himself a question: “If I only have one life, one chance, if I could do anything, what would I do?”
His answer resulted in a 4-year and 25,752-mile odyssey around the world by bicycle, seeking answers to the great mysteries of life, vowing to find happiness or die trying. The quest wasn’t easy. He was imprisoned, held hostage, mugged, run over, suspected of terrorism, accused of espionage, trampled, diseased, heartbroken—he nearly died a dozen times. But more importantly, in the most unlikely places, he also discovered the wonders of the world, kindness among strangers, the meaning of life, peace, love and — Yes!— happiness — in the last place to look — and much more than he imagined possible.
Falling Uphill The short film: A montage of photos and videos from Scott's 4 year, 26,000 mile bicycle tour around the world. Previously a Youtube Feature Video and specially requested for the Boston Bicycle Film Festival. "I nearly cried watching this video. Just a normal guy and look what he has achieved." ~ Ingrid K.
Bicycle Logo Design
Graphic Design, Illustration and Production
Scott funded most of his adventures, this website and a lot of school projects with the profits from years of working in the advertising business. Scott worked as either a senior graphic designer or art director in some of the best advertising agencies in the country, including TBWA\Chiat\Day when they won the prestigious Ad Agency of the Year Award. Not only did he design dozens of bicycle logos, but he also designed thousands and thousands of ads, posters, billboards, websites and much more. Continue reading ▷
Scott is still available for graphic design, illustration or web design. Profits support this website and our work with schools. Contact us.