By advertising on The Argonauts, you can help empower kids to dream, discover and make a difference in the world. All profits support our Make-A-Book Project
Advertising has many of the same benefits as sponsorship. Plus an opportunity to be seen by one of our hundreds of cross-media events.
Pictured below is one of our sponsored adventures
This small adventure of bicycling across the Ohio River was featured in Cincinnati Magazine and more. It was just one of the hundreds of great media opportunities we’ve had for sponsors and partners. See our press room for more info.
The Argonauts have about 12,000-34,000 unique visitors a month with approximately a 25-50% loyal fan base. And that number is constantly growing with all the work we are doing. We can place guest posts, advertorials, banner ads, text links or even related product stories on our blog. And we offer clients search engine optimized (SEO) advertising and guest posts. We also offer full-service graphic design for your advertisements.
Sponsored Guest Posts
Sponsored guest posts are currently $50 for an indefinite period of time — high-quality posts are not deleted. Our submission guidelines are similar to regular guest posts. These types of articles are what our readers want. We find that they get a higher clickthrough rate than an article written by an anonymous person or an opinion or a summary.
- These are paid guest posts, but they still follow the same guest post guidelines to keep our audience interested. In addition:
- Professional authors are expected to follow modern SEO practices.
- Important Note: We follow Google best practices. If your article includes a lot of spammy links, your article will be flagged by Google Search and our site will be penalized and your article won’t get read.
- Here are two examples of our best-sponsored articles:
- We recommend contacting us with your idea first.
- We only accept stories from the first-person point of view; so, it must be about an adventurer that inspired you or an adventure you did!
- Make sure your story has a purpose, like a life lesson learned. Ask yourself: What is the message I want my reader to take away to make their life better?
- Dramatize the challenges of your personal growth, but please keep the overall tone of your story inspirational.
- There are basically 3 types of guest posts:
- Before the journey: Most authors/adventurers agree that before they even begin their journey, writing a story helps them focus on their purpose and goals, including a theme such as charity, journalism, photography, best hamburger, etc. So, we welcome stories about your mental/physical/spiritual preparations.
- During the journey: Send us updates from the road. This is our most popular post. We’ve had thousands of submissions.
- After the journey: Likewise, stories written at the end of the journey also helps authors/adventurers ponder the lessons they learned and how their journey may fit into the bigger picture of their life and those whose paths they crossed. “I can say if it weren’t for writing my book, a lot would have been lost in space and time.” ~ Scott
- See the Feature Explorer (Argonauts) for inspiration. Here’s an example of one of our favorite articles:
- Summary. One sentence less than 156 characters long.
- Photos and captions. Please send links to photos or email them later. Captions should be 1-2 sentences.
- Your website URL. (A link back to your personal website is one of the best things you can do for SEO.)
- Story. About 300-1000 words.
- Credits (author, photographer, sources).
- If possible, include 1-3 non-spammy links where readers can get more information. Note: Unless you wrote a book or invented some travel gear, please do not link to any third-party products or services. This is not an advertisement!
- The author agrees to:
Contact us to submit your ad idea.
Please contact us for more information about our rates and opportunities customized to your business needs.